23 July 2014

Scrappy blocks 1

A little while ago I read some advice for getting rid of little scraps of fabric. Unfortunately I don't remember where I read it, but the writer said that she cut all pieces of fabric that were smaller than a fat quarter in to two, three or four inch squares and strips, and put them to the side until she'd collected enough to make a quilt out of.

I thought that was a very good idea, but I couldn't figure out how to economically decide how to cut each piece of fabric. I decided in the end that I would just start cutting all my scrap fabrics into 2"x5" rectangles to make Roman square blocks with, and any other left over pieces of a reasonable size could be used to make scrappy blocks.

After all that writing, here we have the first two scrappy blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment